Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom!

Today was my Mom's birthday and I just wanted to send a shout out to her--"Happy Birthday MOM!" I am so grateful to have such a wonderful mother! She has always been faithful to the Gospel, and such a good example to me of patience and long suffering, of faith and charity. My mom has always been such a hard worker, and willing to do whatever she had to do so that we could have the things we needed. I don't ever remember a time that I really wanted something, and my mom didn't somehow get it for me. Looking back, I don't know how she did all that she did for us. She was a full time mom with a full time job. She would stay up all night, and still go to work in the morning. She would work all day, and still get the laundry and cleaning done at night. I don't know how you did it all Mom, but you showed me that determination can get you anything worth having! I was so proud of my Mom a few years ago, when at age 59 she finally was able to graduate with her nursing degree--a lifelong dream of hers! I am in awe of that kind of determination, and perseverance. It wasn't easy for her, but once she made up her mind to do it, she wasn't going to let anything stand in the way of reaching her goals. Thanks Mom for all you have done, and all you continue to do for us in your family, and those in your community! You are an amazing woman--and I'm proud to call you my MOM!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...