Monday, October 20, 2008

I may NEVER die!

“God put me on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things and right now, I am so far behind I will never die.” - unknown

Not sure about the theology of this statement, but I certainly understand the sentiment.

I woke up this morning so buried under a pile of work that I knew I really needed a productive day. In my prayer this morning--I said, "Just please let me get something accomplished today!" Somewhere around 3pm, I realized that not only had I made no progress on the “pile”(of laundry, of junk, of dishes, of e-mails), but I hadn’t really even made a dent in the work that accumulated from TODAY! More for the “pile”. Holy Cow--it looks like a bomb went off in my house! No one is allowed to come over without at least 24 hour notice! Did you ever get so far behind in your emails that you simply decided to erase your inbox without looking at it? Wow, what an exhilarating sense of weightlessness! :) Freedom! If you have never done it you really should try it at least once!

BTW (If you sent me an e-mail today--you may want to resend it!) Oh well, I will try again tomorrow!

1 comment:

Kathy P said...

ughhh, I feel your pain... good luck with all that :)

Sometimes, I get so far behind in my housework that if someone comes over, I stand at the door, but don't let them in... how rude is that?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...