Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Twas the Night Before School Starts...

I first posted this a few years ago, but it's our back to school tradition! Enjoy!...

Is It Time Yet???


'Twas the week before school starts, and all through my house,
There was no rest for the weary--namely me or my spouse.
The new backpacks were hung by the back door with care,
With Mom and Dad hoping Aug. 10th soon would be there.
The children weren't spending much time in their beds.
Visions of video games danced in their heads.
And mom in her sweatpants and I in my cap,
Couldn't remember the last time we had a nap!
When in the family room there arose such a clatter,
I rose wearily from my bed to see what was the matter.
Away from my sight children flew like a flash
"I didn't do it" I heard them say in a mad dash.
When what to my wondering eyes should I see,
This HUGE MESS staring back at me!
Someone must be responsible--this is so lame!
I yelled and I screamed, and I called them by name:
Hey ABBY, Hey JOSH, come here ASHLIE SUE!
Yes EMIE, and ERIN, and JACK come here too!
From the front room door to the downstairs hall,
Clean it up, clean it up, clean it up ALL!
I'm tired of this house always being a dive,
If it's not cleaned in five minutes, you might not be ALIVE!
Your Mom is too tired, and your Dad is worn out,
Torturing parents is what summer is about!
So we are hanging in there, just one more week,
It's peace and quiet, and solitude that we seek!
So parents everywhere--it's a call to UNITE!
Let's get the kids back to school--
and then we'll PARTY ALL NIGHT!!!!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...