Thursday, October 30, 2008

I'm an ADDICT!

So the diet hasn't gone very well--I guess you could say I've fallen off the wagon. In fact, you could probably say that the wagon has broken into a million little pieces and it will take me a thousand years to glue it all back together to make up for all of the CRAP I've eaten this week alone! What can I say--it's Halloween after all! Candy isn't even the problem though--my problem is THESE:Yep, 4 little letters--OREO. I guess you could say that this obsession/compulsion evolved from a very young age. I have pictures of me around Jacks age, eating my first Oreos. As a child, I can't remember a time when they weren't around. In our family, eating Oreos for dessert was like breathing--you couldn't live without these things. It's in my blood! My Dad has lived on these things his entire life. He gets his stack of Oreos and a glass of milk at least once a day, usually more. The doctor has tried to tell him to stop eating them--he won't listen. He would rather die happy--eating Oreos! When he's dead, I will make sure we bury him with his Oreo package. Don't worry Dad, I'm sure there are going to be Oreos in heaven! (If there aren't, I'm not sure we'll stay!)
When I'm trying to diet, Oreos are all I can think about. Especially when the kids go to bed, and my mind starts to think: TREAT! I am seriously addicted to these little cookies! I love them--more than I love to be thin apparently! So this week I have already blown my diet--so while everyone else is eating Halloween candy-- bring on the OREOS! (I really need therapy--don't I???)

3 comments:

Kathy P said...

Yup who ever invented Oreo's was either a genious or evil mastermind to rid the world of skinny people. The only thing that keeps me from eating them all the time is I can never seem to get them out of my teeth. I can't hardly go around with oreos in my teeth, so I only eat them when I know I won't see anyone or when everyone else already has oreos in their teeth.

Erin said...

I am a big fan of the golden oreos. Best of luck climbing back on the wagon..

Sharla said...

Oh my gosh! You too? I can't tear my kids away from them. I had to stop buying them. But my Dad's an Oreo frak too and he always has a supply handy for the kids. I like your dad's philosophy...die happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...