Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Happy Birthday Big Guy!

I can't believe that Josh turned 6 years old today! I am so amazed at how the time has flown. This little boy has brought our family nothing but joy! No, I'm serious--even when he is in trouble, even when he's loud and obnoxious, even when we can't get him to slow down for one minute--We LOVE this little boy! (No wonder he's so rotten huh?) I guess that's pretty terrible, to admit to the world how spoiled this little guy is, but it's true. I think it stems from the fact that I wasn't sure after 3 girls that I would get a boy, so even when I was pregnant, we refused to believe it. Joshua came into the world with a bang--a whopping 9 pounds 10 ounces, and when we saw him, I was overcome with love for this sweet little boy that I waited so long for. In the hospital, I wouldn't let him out of my sight--which was weird, because I have never "roomed in" with my babies until him. It was like I thought someone would take him or something, (paranoid, I know!).
As a baby, he was the cutest little thing--(when I get my scanner working, I will post some pictures). My little "bubble boy" was allergic to EVERYTHING--including me and my milk! I had to watch what I ate very carefully, and even then he was always covered with eczema and hives. I swear that boy had to take Benadryl almost every day for some sort of breakout. He took it willingly too, like candy, always with a grin on his face! I nursed him for 15 months, until he could finally tolerate regular soy milk. I look back on that and can't believe I did it. I'm not someone who loves to nurse my babies. I have nursed all of them, but I feel awkward, especially in public, and usually by 7 or 8 months, when they are taking solids well, I'm more than done. With him, it was a sacrifice I was happy to make.
It's been so fun to see Todd with Joshua. He is an amazing father to him. I am so grateful to have such a wonderful example in Todd for Josh to emulate, and look up to. I love to see him copy everything his dad does. From when he was little, he would just follow Todd around, every chance he got. He wants to be everything that Todd is--especially a mighty hunter! Heaven help him! Josh--we want you to know how much we love you and how glad we are that you were able to join our family! I can't imagine what my life would be like without this little guy in it! Happy Birthday big guy--we love you so much!

3 comments:

Erin said...

We are glad you have Josh too...I agree, he is one awesome guy!

Kathy P said...

What a cutie... Happy Birthday Josh!

Natalie said...

I can't believe you gave birth to a baby that was almost 10 lbs! You are so little. That must have been so hard. Josh is so cute. His smile lights up a room.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...