Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Swimsuit update...

Speaking of Torture by swimsuit--and treadmill. I wanted to update on what I found in the way of swimsuits for the trip. I finally ended up at Lands End, where they have every color and style of swimsuit you could imagine--and bought myself a few suits. They are super modest, and fit a woman's body (I'm not talking about you super fit and trim ladies--I'm talking about women who have fat, and rolls, and look like we have a few children, and we need to work out on a treadmill). I paid top dollar for them, and had them rushed to me for the trip. I justified it, because I figured it saved me the time, embarrassment, and humiliation of trying on multiple swimsuits in the dressing room. Turns out, I was 1 for 2 on the suits I picked out. I got a cute green suit to go with my super awesome Hurley board shorts that I got on altrec.com for $10. Everyone liked that one. Then I saw this one, and thought it was cute--so I bought it as well:
When I came out in it--Emie says, "Mom, you look like someone threw up on you." Ouch. So I ask Todd, "Do you like my new swimsuit?" He says, "Yeah, you look like a nice...Easter egg." Just what you want your husband to think when you come out in a new swimsuit--he swears my body shape is not like an Easter egg, that's really not what he meant (yeah, right)--but an egg shape is exactly what I am. I know--I worked out in front of the mirror on a treadmill the other day! What do you think? Super cute? Or super SCARY? (Keep in mind that I don't look as cute in it as this model does...I am eggshell white, and a little plumper--okay, a lot plumper--think "egg shape").

2 comments:

Real Mom, Real Life said...

I could see you pulling this one off... I couldn't do it, but I bet you look super cute in it. Tell Emie and Todd they have to eat in the garage tonight.

Tourtster said...

I didn't say it looks like someone threw up on it... i said it looks like they bought a ton of those in the 70's and no one bought them...

Or, its the swimsuit your mom wore in college.

<3 ya! im half kidding... it looks pretty good on you.

(Emie)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...