Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Funny Abby...

So we have been taking the girls out jogging lately after the little kids go to bed, because we are in one of those modes where we want to get in shape...again... Anyway, one of us takes Abby before we go with the older girls, and we just run a mile with her. She has been working really hard to get to the point where she can run the whole thing, and she is really a trooper. It has been fun to talk to her during these little exercise sessions. She is really a funny girl, she cracks me up with the things she says. So last night I went with her, and she had just gotten done watching an old episode of Extreme Home Makeover, which is one of their favorite shows to watch after school lately. She says to me, "Mom, could we move to another house?" I'm like, "why do you want to move to another house?" She goes, "I want to move into a really crappy house, in a bad neighborhood." I'm like, "Huh?" She says, "Yeah, then the people from Extreme Home Makeover can come and I could get a new house!" I started laughing, and I said, "Abby, like a million people apply to be on that show, and usually they have like a sick kid, or something terrible that's happened to their family, that's why they need the new house. We don't really need that, our house is just fine. She says, "Oh, really? I thought they just drive around in their trucks and stop at all the crappiest houses and fix them up." Sometimes kids say the funniest things! So here's an ugly house Abby, think we should buy it? Just kidding!
Emie and Erin are doing really well also, they are up to running almost 2 miles, while Todd and I are almost up to 5 miles a night. Honestly, I didn't think I could do it when we started, but after almost a month, I am surprised at the endurance we have built up. Last night we ran almost 3 1/2 miles without stopping to walk, and the whole 5 miles only walking twice for a short time. It feels good to set a goal for myself and keep it. Last night, I didn't want to run the whole thing, and Todd pushed me, so sometimes it helps if you have someone doing it with you. Now if only I could stay on a diet...that's a topic for another post! :)

3 comments:

Our Crazy Family said...

MOM hello we could say we got hit by a bomb or hurricane or! a tornado!! then they would come

P.S. we could only say those things if we had the ugly house you put on your blog!!

Our Crazy Family said...

P.S. this is Erin

Natalie said...

I am impressed that you are up to 5 miles. That is a long way! Good job by you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...