Tuesday, March 31, 2009

We are Nomads...

So, it is official--and what better way to get the word out, than to use this blog. We are moving...again. I know some of the people who read this will shake their heads and say we are crazy--(most of them are in my family) after all, everytime we have moved I have said that this is "definitely" my last house! I have decided that you never know what is going to happen--and I need to just shut my mouth. We put an offer on a short sale in Gilbert way back in September of last year. We put in a lowball offer, and really didn't even expect the bank to take us seriously. October, November, December, and January went by without even so much as a word from the bank. I'm not sure if all short sales are that way, but we pretty much thought the deal was dead. Finally, at the end of February, the bank accepted our offer. We were surprised, but thrilled--it is truly a smokin' deal on a great house. The only thing left was the appraisal, and we could have a done deal. To our surprise and delight--the appraisal came in lower than our already low offer. This meant it had to go back to the bank for another approval. Finally, 6 months after the initial offer, we were able to close the loan. We are going to finish out the school year, and move in the end of May.
For me, this move will be bittersweet--as I'm sure it will be for my kids. I am excited about the new home, my new larger pantry, a whole ROOM in the basement for my food storage (that was a HUGE selling point for me)--but at the same time, I have a real emotional time when I talk about leaving this house, and especially this neighborhood, and my ward. I cherish the friendships that I have with people in this ward, and with my neighbors, who I have come to depend on and love. We are excited to be nearer to our family, and for our kids to be around their cousins more--but feel like we are also leaving a family behind. New friendships take time, and effort. I am really dreading that--it really takes me a long time to feel like I fit in, and I will be right there with my kids while they go through the same thing. As for this house--we need a nice family, with awesome kids (who are better behaved than mine are), to move in here and take our place! The neighbors will sure welcome you--even if you're a little crazy like my family. We have grown on them...like a fungus.
The one good thing, for me is that blogging has been a way to make my world a little smaller. I have been able to find so many people from old wards, so many old friends that I am able to keep in touch with, and keep tabs on. I am so grateful for my bloggy friends--who will make it a little easier to keep in touch, even when I'm not going to be right across the street. I am grateful to have this new tool so that my old friends will only be a click away. Isn't technology awesome! Love it.

8 comments:

Real Mom, Real Life said...

NNNNNNNOOOOOOooooo! Oh I am so sad Tammy! But I have to admit, your new house sounds AWESOME! And, I would probably be enticed by it as well.

Your family will be such a blessing to your new neighbors, I am just sorry we can't have you.

BTW -- how many bedrooms is your current home ;-)

Sharla said...

April Fools, right?? I hope??

Erin said...

I'm with Sharla in hoping for the punch line anytime today!
If it is in fact a reality, I am sure you will find friends and settle in seamlessly. You are guys are awesome! Of course you would be missed!

Christine Green said...

I am just sad......i just get choked up just thinking about it and how much your family has blessed our lives. You will be dearly missed. We love you guys.....and it is no April fools joke.....Love - Christine

Natalie said...

Tami,
I had a good cry yesterday when I found out you were going. Even now, I am fighting back the tears. I love your family so much. I couldn't have asked for better neighbors. Thanks you for being friends with us over the last few years. You have been such a blessing to my life and my family's life. Your new neighborhood will be lucky to get you guys!! Let me know what I can do to help you. I am so excited about your new food storage room. That is awesome!

Our Crazy Family said...

Thank you guys for the sweet comments...and no, it's not a joke, that's why I made sure I posted last nite and not today! You see what great neighbors I have? Love you ladies--you're awesome!

Velma said...

Dang...boo hoo...wish you were my neighbor...there is a house for sale on my street...hint, hint! Lol, good luck on your move ahead. I hope you will be happy, and make great friends again. I am sure you will keep in touch with these friends in here, and make new ones wherever you go! It may be hard on your children, but tell them your Aunt Velma has had to move many places in her life, and you become more well rounded, experience wise...and you get more friends as you go. Email them, phone them, and snail mail them.

Militello Family said...

Congratulations, but we're gonna miss you guys. :( You're so easy to talk to, and I'm going to miss that. I'm also going to miss you're easy-going personality, especially when I need to drop my kids off somewhere with no warning! Thanks for your friendship. Your new neighborhood and ward are very lucky to be getting your awesome family!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...