Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Sock Monster--

There is a sock monster at my house. He eats socks--and he's working overtime! I can't tell you how the heck I get 50 single socks at this house, but it's driving me flippin crazy! Where the heck did they all go? If you're my neighbor, do you recognize any of these socks??? I spent an hour today matching socks, talk about drudgery! I am seriously going nuts with all this stinkin laundry! Now that school's started, my kids change twice a day, plus they are still swimming so there are a million towels to wash and I'm telling you, I washed at least 15 loads this week! UUGH! Seriously, if I have to start doing laundry more than once a week, I will have to start taking medication...stay tuned!On a good note, at least I have a helper--Ashlie is the best little rag folder around. And she's my ONLY kid who will willingly and gladly put her clothes away. In fact, she puts her pile away several times a day, when each load is folded, she clears her pile away. What a sweet girl! Thanks Ash!

4 comments:

The Jarvis Family said...

I finally got so fed up with laundry and my kids putting clean clothes in the laundry that I have anyone 11 years and older do their own. So, my three oldest take care of their stuff and I do the 3 younger kids and James and my stuff. It works out great. In fact, Allie and Annie Jo share a room so Allie really does Annie Jo's clothes too. I tell my boys it's good practice for a mission - they think about 4 years is enough practice!

Kathy P said...

My sock pile is ridiculous... I just puit them all in a basket and make the kids dig for their own. So when (not if) you see a kid with one sock to teh knee and the other cropped at the ankle, you will know it is the sock monster's fault. I just bought a huge bag of clothespins. I gave each person their own bag of them with their names written on them. Then we have a contest of who has the most socks pinned together in the laundry. At the end of the week (and I mostly guestamate) who ever wins gets extra video game time or something. Spencer and Ryan caught on fast, but Jacob and Trevan could care less. Still, including Tim, that makes 3 people's socks I don't have to sort.

Tami said...

Such great ideas ladies, thanks!

Natalie said...

Tami you are great! I can always count on your posts bringing a smile to my face :) Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...