Friday, September 19, 2008

One of THOSE days...

Wednesday was just one of those days--you know, when you start to wonder "what the heck did I think I was doing having 6 kids???" Sometimes I feel like I'm talking--but no one is listening. So I talk louder and louder until I have a headache--and I'm completely frustrated, and guess what?? Still no one is listening. The lights are on in this house--but trust me, no one is home! Then I had a moment where I realized--WOW, do you know that the things that drive me crazy about each of my children are the things that drive me crazy about myself? It's those things that they've undoubtedly inherited from you know who-- ME-- that really irritate the heck out of me! For example:
Emie--bless her heart, is the most wonderful, obedient, loving child! BUT--she is soooo forgetful! Seriously, you can tell her something, and like a minute later, it's gone--she forgot it. She also waits till the very last minute to do things and makes herself and everyone around her crazy trying to get them done! Hmmmmm, who do you think she gets that from??--ME! Sorry Em...
Erin--is the funniest, cutest, sweetest girl in the world! BUT--the girl never shuts her mouth! She gets herself into so much trouble, at home, and at school, because she just can't help but to comment on everything! She always has to have the last word--which gets her into even more trouble! Wow, are you sensing a pattern here?? Sorry Erin, love ya!
Abby--is just the best girl, and almost never in trouble around here! BUT--this chld doesn't know the meaning of the word HURRY--she is always running LATE! It drives me absolutely crazy! Hmmmm....wonder why?? Maybe that's because she's never been on time for anything in her LIFE! Maybe she's so used to being late that she's adopted it as a way of life--just like someone else I know...Sorry Abby!
Josh--I love this guy so much he's my very favorite boy! BUT--the kid doesn't have an OFF switch! He is so LOUD! There is no inside and outside voice--there is just one voice--LOUD! It doesn't matter if we are at church, or home, or the swimming pool, the kid yells at everyone, like he's afraid no one will hear him. Whisper??? He's never heard of it! Wow, it sounds like this kid might belong to me too! Sorry Josh!
Ashlie--just my sweet little adorable toddler! BUT--this girl can be more stubborn and rotten than your average mule at any given moment! I'm telling you, I never thought any of my kids would be more stubborn than me--but this child has proven me wrong over and over again--and she's only 3! Once she was mad at me for turning off the shower, and she didn't want to get out, and was crying and yelling, throwing a heck of a tantrum. I said, "fine, then stay in there then" and I turned off the shower, and let her stand there in the cold, (this was Jan., it was cold!). I just thought I'd sit and wait for her to get out and come to me to get dressed. I'm not kidding you, that girl stood there shivering and crying for 25 (count 'em--25) minutes! I was trying to outlast her, but was seriously worried that she would catch pnemonia! Holy cow Ash--I'm sorry-- it looks like you got one of my worst traits! (I'm sure your husband will agree someday--ask your DAD)!
Jack--who knows??? What horrible traits will I have passed on to this other poor son??? The only one I can tell so far is that the boy LOVES to eat--(that's ME!) but then I think that's probably a universal trait for an infant, isn't it? We will see--sorry in advance Jack--for whatever you get stuck with!
I guess what I'm trying to say is that I need to be more understanding and kind to my children--after all, they are the way they are for a reason! I also realize that living with ME is no piece of cake for them either! I mean, check it out--I have ALL of those traits, and MORE! If you don't believe me, click HERE! I am certainly grateful that we have a mix of personalities in this house--and that means there is NEVER a dull moment! I guess I wouldn't have it any other way!

3 comments:

The Jarvis Family said...

Once again you hit the nail on the head. I get so mad at myself when I see some of the traits I've passed onto my kids - poor things. James keeps reminding me how old they are and they are works in progress! If only patients was a trait of mine that I could use and pass onto my children!

Tami said...

Trust me--patience is one of those virtues that I will never have!

Kathy P said...

Gives a whole new meaning to, "a little child shall lead them" doesn't it. I guess our chilren assume our traits so we are constantly reminded what we need to work on.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...