Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Sick...

It's the worst when you feel that tickle in the back of your throat, and the fog in your head, and you realize--OH CRAP--I'm getting sick. I don't have time to be sick. I have places to go, and things to do, and other people to take care of, and dang it--being sick this week wasn't in my plan. It's nothing big--just a head cold, but still just very inconvenient! Then, inevitably when I decide to take cold medicine last night, Jack woke up with a stuffy nose as well. I feel drunk as I try to navigate my way to his room, and I'm praying that I don't drop him as I walk back and lay him in my bed to nurse. I was soooo tired! Wouldn't you know it, he wouldn't go back to sleep--he couldn't breathe well. Poor baby--he's sick too! So I got up and watched T.V. at 4 a.m.. Let me tell you, if you've never watched at that hour--you're not missing anything! Jack finally went back to sleep at 6, but by then it was almost time to start waking up kids for piano at 7:30, so I just stayed up. For all you ladies out there who get up at 4 a.m. everyday--WOW! You are like super women! For me, this day has been entirely too long--and I really think I would go nuts if I tried to wake up this early every day. I think my family would be nuts too, because I'm not very nice when I don't get enough sleep! So hopefully tonight I will crash early and sleep later--but when you have a baby you can never tell. Oh well, what's that saying--"I'll sleep when I'm dead"? Maybe...

2 comments:

Kathy P said...

I am sorry you are sick! I hope you find a way to get some rest so you can get better.

Tawni said...

No fun! Moms aren't suppose to get sick, ever, because we never get a day off, everything just continues as usual and it stinks!
Babie aren't suppose to get sick either, poor little guy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...