Thursday, September 11, 2008

Church Softball...


So I went to play some church softball with my ward tonight--and it was so fun! I haven't played for years--it seems like I'm always pregnant or I couldn't find a babysitter, and when we lived in Gilbert they didn't even have a women's program in the stake we were in. I'm telling you, I miss playing sports. I played 3 sports in high school, volleyball, basketball and ran track because we didn't have a softball team at my high school. But during the summer we would spend like 2 months playing church softball games. Now the youth only get to play a few weeks--and I think it kinda stinks! I thought I would just go out tonight and have a fun time and a few laughs at how out of shape I am--but I'm seriously the most competitive person EVER! When we started to play, I could just feel myself getting anxious, and especially when I made a mistake, it just drove me CRAZY! I struck out once, and in my mind I'm like beating myself up--like it matters or something?!?! I just can't help it--when I'm playing sports I'm just a freak. I don't like to lose either. The second game we played, we were like getting KILLED--they had some crazy hitters on that team and it was driving me nuts to watch them run the bases. I just glued a smile on my face--after all it's church softball--I have to be a good sport right? Uh huh--right! I'll keep trying!

1 comment:

Kathy P said...

Good thing I wasn't there... I know a couple terms from softball "FOUL BALL" and "OUT". You get the idea. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...