Sunday, November 23, 2008

Time Flies...

5:30 a.m. November 23, 1993! Getting ready in our hotel room!
I am sitting here blogging at 4:30 a.m., another sleepless night with Baby #6--thinking about a similar sleepless night exactly 15 years ago. That night--was the night before my wedding. I remember the struggle to get even an hour of sleep that night--praying so many times that the rest would come, to no avail. Worrying about the bags that were going to be under my eyes in the morning, as I looked into my sweet fiance's eyes across the alter in the temple. I was so excited, so in love, so looking forward to being with him for time and all eternity. Wow, how time flies! I think of all the things we have been through, all of the sleepless nights, the times we thought we'd never make it financially, the fights--(yes, I know it's hard to believe--we do fight), the tears, the work that goes into a marriage-- into a family. Would I have taken the leap had I known how hard it would be? Would anyone? Then, I think about the joys, the laughter, the excitement, how he still makes me feel so needed, and so loved. I think about the birth of each of our children--how we have struggled together to raise each of them, how I thought it was just as hard with one baby, as it is with number 6! Is it worth it? You betcha! Each of them has brought so much joy to our lives, and so much love to our family.
Another sleepless night--yes. But 15 years from now, I will be blogging about how I miss our children who have moved on, married, and have kids of their own, who I'm sure I will see less than I want to. I will be sad that there are no more babies, not enough fingerprints and smudges on my walls, or holes in my furniture, and complaining about how I sleep too much now--without babies and toddlers who need me. I'm sure I will still be blogging about my sweet husband, who I still am madly, deeply and passionately in love with. Sweetheart, thank you. You are the love of my life, you are my rock. You have never given up on me, even when I know it would have been easier to walk away--you stayed. Even when times have been hard-- you sacrificed. Even when I have been stubborn--you were patient. What we have built together is amazing to me--and YOU are amazing to me! Thank you, for looking into my eyes 15 years ago--and saying "YES" to this crazy life! I'm sure you couldn't have known what you were getting yourself into--but you have stuck it out with me--through thick and thin--and for that I am so grateful! I love you. Happy Anniversary!

4 comments:

Kathy P said...

So sweet! Happy anniversary!

Erin said...

Love the photos...congratulations!

Sharla said...

What beautiful pictures! You can feel the love! Happy Anniversary!

Ashley said...

You guys look so cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...