Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Go Play in the Street...

So, a month ago or so, my neighbors had a yard sale, and there was this bike ramp sitting out there for sale. Joshua kept coming in and asking if he could go and buy it with his money--(of which he has pretty much NONE), so Todd kept saying "sure--go buy it". We left to run some errands and returned home a few hours later to find the bike ramp in our driveway. Perplexed, we asked Josh what it was doing there. "I bought it", he says. "With what?" "My nickel", he says. Yes, my sweet neighbors were kind enough to sell Josh a sweet bike ramp--for all of one nickel. Let me tell you, I am not a bike ramp type of person. I worry about the broken limbs, and bruises, and cars, and shiners, etc. etc...you get my drift. I also worry about the neighbors coming over to use that thing--and their kids meeting that type of fate because of our bike ramp. But I couldn't very well get rid of this thing after our neighbors were so kind to give it to Josh. So I put it in our back yard, in the side that no one goes on, behind the fence, and out of sight out of mind right??? Darn, I was wrong. Erin had some friends over today, and they were looking at the boat, and saw the bike ramp and decided to pull it out. So I hear a ruckus coming from the front yard and look out my window to see 10 or 12 kids out there on that bike ramp.
Not only is it in the middle of the street--MIDDLE--not even to the side, but I have every kid in the neighborhood getting in on the action in the middle of the street. My first reaction is--"crap--put that thing away!" But then I just started watching them, and listening to all the fun they were having, and I got my camera out instead. They had fun on that thing for over 45 minutes, just running and jumping, seeing who could jump the highest. They were even jumping over each other--which made me soo nervous! But I held my tongue. No cars came--and they did move it out of the middle of the road when they were done. Wouldn't you know it--that bike ramp has come out to play every day since then. Out of sight, out of mind only works for a little while...oh well! Aaahhh to be young again!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Gotta love our neighborhood!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...