Thursday, November 13, 2008

Please EAT!

I have a few picky eaters in my family--so I have had to resort to some tricks to try to make them eat something--I thought I'd share. Ashlie hates eating lunch. There is really nothing she likes for lunch, and would rather eat cereal than anything else. Believing that man cannot live by cereal alone--(especially if it's Froot Loops or Frosted Flakes), I have tried to introduce her to the peanut butter and jelly or honey sandwich. Novel idea--I know. I was unsuccessful every time--until now! I was going through food storage in the closet the other day, and noticed this huge bin of cookie cutters that my sister gave me for Christmas a few years back. There are 100 cookie cutters in it. So I got them out and let Ashlie cut out a puzzle out of her sandwich with one of them. She thought it was great and believe it or not, not only does she eat the middle of the puzzle--she eats the frame as well! YEAH!Now to Baby Jack--he's not much of an eater either. Seriously, he doesn't say it he sprays it--ALL OVER ME! This boy hates baby food. He will choke down the fruit--but that's about it. Forget about rice cereal, or oatmeal, and forget about those mixed dinners--NOWAY! So a week or two ago, I bought me a little mini-chopper at Walmart--for $9.99--(big spender, I know), and it has been GREAT! First I tried using my blender, but it wasn't really worth cleaning the whole thing just for a little bit of food. This little chopper is the perfect size for making about a cup of baby food, and it's powerful enough to make it a great consistency for little guys--with only 2 teeth! So I put leftovers in, or whatever we're having for dinner, or canned fruit or veggies, and VOILA--baby food with some actual flavor! I love it--and he does too! Now maybe he'll grow a little!!

2 comments:

The Jarvis Family said...

Great idea about cutting out the sandwhiches. I'll have to try that with Annie Jo. I can count on one had the things that girl will eat - one being cereal. Hopefully I'll have the same luck with the sandwhich cut outs!

Erin said...

My kids love the cut out sandwiches and I had a kid that would not eat baby food as well. (Max) We mixed all sorts of things with a food chopper and that kid went to town. He hasn't stopped eating since!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...