Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Back to Exercise...UUUGH!


So the diet isn't working so well...mostly because I am so tired of having to monitor everything that I put in my mouth. It makes me crazy to have to actually live that way. I just feel out of control right now, so I am resorting to yes, exercise! YUCK! If I'm gonna do it--I need to have something I can do FAST, and it has to be EASY. I can't keep up with those hip hop dance videos, kick boxing is way too hard core for me. Pilates makes me feel like I'm being twisted in ways that the human body shouldn't be required to twist, (not to mention all of my fat rolls that get in the way while I'm trying to twist). Yoga, well let's just say--I am WAY too high strung to do yoga! Here's some videos that I love though--at Beachbody.com. Tony Horton's Power 90 is great, and easy to follow--he also has these Power Half Hour, that I did today: they are fast and easy, and best of all, the next day you can feel that they pretty much kicked your butt. Today I did the thigh burner--and tomorrow I won't be able to sit on the toilet or in this computer chair without grimacing in pain! I should clarify--these are NOT the P90X DVD's--I have those too--but they are REALLY hard! Not for wimps like me! Those are for people that are hard core exercise people--which I am NOT! (Wish I had known that when I bought them!) I also love the Slim in 6 series with Debbie Sievers. She uses little weights and lots of repetition. Needless to say--I have spent way too much money over the years on exercise videos--can you tell?? But I have a lot of variety, so when I do make the commitment (every 3 or 4 months) to start exercising, I don't get bored for at least a few weeks, which should be enough to bring my weight back under control. And maybe all this exercising will make me motivated enough to climb back on the wagon and keep my eating under control. Yeah right...old habits die hard...

5 comments:

Sharla said...

YAY! Good for you! You're such an inspiration to me. I think you look great right now, but best of luck!

Erin said...

Are those the PX90 series? My sis-in-law swears by them but she is also super tiny so she doesn't need much help...I am interested to see how you like these, I am looking for something I can actually do, not just dream about being able to do!

Ashley said...

Sounds good...I have to do the exercise thing to and I hate every minute of it...but I did find a really fun and easy video for home "Crunch: Fat Burning Party" love it!! Try it out, you can get it on netflix too! Good luck! I think you look great btw!

Kathy P said...

Good luck Tami! I am rooting for you. I may even put on my 30-day shred workout by Jillian (biggest loser)and think about joining in...

keep up the good work.

Tawni said...

Good luck to you!
I always go in spirts, I exercise really good and then I totally stop and eat like crap. This week would be the last one I mentioned. Ugg

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...