Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Stake Temple Day...


It was our Stake Temple day today--so Todd and I got up and ready to go this morning, and took our kids to my sister-in law (thanks Tera!), and went to the temple. It was such a wonderful morning! I love the temple! I am able to relax--(okay, maybe I relax too much and I sleep through some of it)--but I just feel all of my worry and anxiety slip away from me the minute I get there and it feels so wonderful.

It was so fun to run into one of my former mia-maids from a few wards back who happened to be sitting on the bench in front of me in the chapel. She is married now, with a little baby Jack's age--which made me feel Oh so young, once again! I didn't have time to talk to her before the session, but afterward she was telling me that she just wanted me to know that she had been reading in the Book of Mormon after the fireside on Sunday in Mosiah, and the people being converted and having a change of heart. She said that everytime she reads those chapters she thinks of me, and the lesson I taught them about having a change of heart. I brought little tiny heart stickers to class, and had them underline and put a heart sticker next to all the places it talks about having a change of heart. It was so great to see her--and to see her in the temple and know that I had a small part in teaching her the gospel! I thought that was funny because it was the same place I had been reading the last few days, and my scriptures have the stickers as well. I was even reading one scripture in particular in the chapel before we went into the session in Mosiah 5:12 it says:

"I say unto you, I would that ye should remember to retain the name written always in your hearts, that ye are not found on the left hand of God, but that ye hear and know the voice by which ye shall be called, and also, the name by which he shall call you."

As I did my session today, this scripture was so powerful to me. I hope that I will know his voice when that time comes. It was a beautiful morning, and the spirit was so strong. This has just been such a great week already, and tomorrow I am going with my mom, and my 3 sisters to Buffalo, NY, where we are going to visit Palmyra, and do the church sites there. I feel so prepared now that I have a new focus, and I am so excited to visit the Sacred Grove, where Joseph knelt. What a great opportunity to strengthen my testimony, and feel the spirit. I can't wait to get there.

On a side note, Todd will be playing Mr. Mom this week! Yay me! I told him he needs to blog about it--but he doesn't think he will have much to write about--he's not as dramatic as I am! Wish him luck--he's even getting the baby! Pray for him will you? I don't think he knows what he's getting himself into! (Just kidding, Hon, I know you do a better job than I do--you're not a Mary! Lucky you!) That being said, I will miss my family--but I will LOVE the little bit of extra R & R! I always think that, then my sisters and I talk all night long and we come home more tired than we were before! Oh well, it will be fun anyway!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Have fun in New York!

Kathy P said...

wow!! You will have to get the inside scoop from Emie -- so you can update us on what really happened while you were gone! Have fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...