Saturday, August 16, 2008

Super Saturday...

It's been awhile since I've been to a super Saturday in our ward. I guess it's been too long because I forgot what I told myself last time we had a Super Saturday--don't go overboard when you sign up for stuff! I always get so excited about the cute projects, and I'm not someone who is the crafty type--so I never do crafts by myself. But when I see the cute things that there are to sign up for, I can never help myself, and always sign up for too many things for one person to do in a few hours--(I'm not even sure if like 4 people could have done all the things I wanted to do)!

So I signed up to make 10 of these cute place mats that are double-sided, and so cute for Fall and Christmas! I actually sewed all of 1! Actually when I sew something I am especially proud of it because just the sight of a sewing machine literally strikes fear and anxiety into my soul. They had a bunch of new-fangled computerized sewing machines set up--but I brought my trusty Kenmore that my mom had 20 years ago and set it up so I could figure it out! Then I just tried to sew in straight lines--which for some reason is difficult to me. I sew like I drive--with a lead foot--so I get going to fast and my lines are all skeewampus--(is that how you spell that? spell check says it's wrong!). All in all, my one placemat turned out cute--now I just have 9 more to finish! (and tons of time to get right on that!) So here it is in all its glory! TA DA!

Then they made these super cute Christmas card holders out of that craft board and cute ribbons. Okay--any kindergartner could figure out how to get the ribbons on this thing to match up but I'll be danged if I could get this dumb thing to look right! Finally a couple of friends took it from me--(thanks ladies!) and did it for me because I couldn't get it right and they were frusterated just watching me! Besides, I had 20 c0unt 'em 20--Christmas cards that I signed up for to hand stamp and embellish! I never got the cards all made, but I did get all the stamping done--and brought them home to put together. I'll get to fixing these right after I sew all those place mats right?? All in all, it was a fun day--and I was there without my kids, so it was a relaxing day anyway. I wish I could say that I won't sign up for too much stuff next time--but I'd probably be lying--I just can't help it, I think too BIG!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Wow! I'm impressed with your ambition. I looked at the placemats and ran the other way. They were cute, but I knew they would probably end up in one of my many projects stacks I've been saying will get finished for years.

Erin said...

You did a great job with SO much to do! Don't be so hard on yourself. Besides Christine and I enjoyed being able to help you. If you need help with the cards let me know....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...