Wednesday, August 13, 2008

It's hard to be 3...

It's been a hard week for my little Ashlie. The first day of school, she just kind of wandered around the house, not really knowing what to do with herself. Then Joshua came home from school, and she was SO excited to see him. Then his friend Logan came over and they went to go play in his room and she ran behind him only to have the door shut in her face--no girls allowed! She was crushed, and went into her bedroom to cry.

Today, I was busy cooking some freezer meals and trying to get a little more organized, so I know she didn't get much attention from me all day. After school, Erin was out swimming with her friends, Joshua and Abby were at a neighbors playing, and once again, she was alone. She left the house without me knowing, and I went and got her and got mad at her for leaving. Then she just started to cry uncontrollably and melted into my arms. She said "Mom, I don't have any friends to play with ME!" I felt terrible. Poor baby. Once again, when I was done holding her, she went into her bedroom to play, and I found her like this...

How could I not feel SO guilty for not spending more time with this baby today? Tomorrow, I'm gonna do better. I have a few more weeks that I will have her home with me all day before she starts preschool, and it's my goal to make sure that this little lady has a friend to play with--and that friend is ME!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...