Saturday, February 28, 2009

Jack Henry is 1!...YAY!

Today was Jack's 1st birthday! He was only a few hours from being a leap year baby last year--but I just didn't want to wait! (Todd would have waited--but he quickly gave in when he saw my reaction)... We had labor induced because I went into the doctor and had high blood pressure and protien in my urine, and they were afraid of pre-eclampsia. What they didn't know was that 2 hours before my appointment, I was at the lake with Todd, trying out our new boat--kind of a crazy thing to do at 8 1/2 months preggo! A few hours after his birth, I was sitting there chatting with 2 of my sister in laws who had BOTH brought me a blizzard, (YUM) and looking at my beautiful new baby. I was feeling great, and so grateful that he was here and healthy. My sister in law Katie left, and then Chris and Cindy got up to leave when I had a terrible pain in my stomach. I remarked to Todd, "Maybe I need some Perkoset", and that was the last thing I remembered. I had this wonderful dream, and woke up to smelling salts, and my husband standing over me looking terrified, and 4 or 5 nurses trying to revive me after I had passed out. When they pulled back the sheets, they were covered in blood. When my doctor came back in, he told us we would need to go in for surgery to see where the bleeding was coming from. I remember looking at the baby as they wheeled me in for surgery, and just hoping that I would see him again. I woke up a few hours later to see someone else's blood dripping into me through my I.V., (ugh..) grateful to just be alive. I needed 2 units of blood to replace all of the blood I had lost in the surgery. It was truly the scariest experience we have been through as a couple. The next few months were spent trying to decide if our family was complete or not, with much prayer and fasting. In the end, we truly felt like we were lucky to have the 6 kids we have been blessed with, and lucky that I was alive to raise them. I have been so blessed to have this little guy in my life, and we are so grateful that the Lord kept me around to be his mom!

This last year has been such a whirlwind! I think the more kids that you have, the faster time seems to pass you by. I am amazed that this baby has made it through the craziness that is our life in this house! It's funny how when you have another baby, they just seem to blend in, and after a few weeks, you forget how you ever lived without this little one in your life. He has been such a blessing to our family, and such a blessing to me. I am so grateful every day for his sweet disposition, his wonderful personality, and the way his smile melts my heart. I can't remember what life was like before he came to us, and I strongly believe that we knew each other before he was born. It's true that the more children you have, the less time you have for that one-on-one time with each of them. I have felt so many times that he is somehow getting the shaft when it comes to my attention, but then I am reminded that he has many more people who love him then my first child did. He gets love and attention from his brother and sisters, who can't get enough of him, and also from his dad, who has been able to particularly enjoy this baby--more than the others because he's been working less at this point in our lives. I think this baby gets plenty of love for being a 6th child, and I am grateful for that!
10 things I LOVE about baby Jack Jack:
1. He is SO happy ALL the time! There is rarely a time that he isn't smiling--and we LOVE that cute smile!
2. He is full of personality and LIFE! It's hard to get this boy to slow down, even for a minute!
3. He still gets up in the night on a regular basis--this may sound strange to you, but I enjoy that one on one time with my baby when it's quiet, and it's just me and him. Especially because he is my last. That being said--I have been a ZOMBIE for the last year--it's time~
4. He LOVES his brother and sisters--he loves to follow them around and give them kisses and hugs.
5. His LAUGH is so stinkin' cute--and you can't help but laugh when he is laughing.
6. He LOVES having his diaper changed, and it makes him laugh so hard. I have never had a baby who loved to let me change them. Funny...but true!
7. He likes to ride in the car and he doesn't CRY on long trips--or short errands. After having Ashlie, who would cry the entire car ride--this is such a BLESSING!
8. He LOVES to be outside. He cries if someone leaves the house and he doesn't get to go. This will be so great when softball starts again!
9. He is SO low maintenance! Seriously, you can't imagine how LITTLE attention sometimes this boy requires. I am so grateful for that some days.
10. He is AMAZING and BEAUTIFUL to me in every way--and I'm so glad I get to be his mom!
Jack--we LOVE you buddy! Happy Birthday!

4 comments:

ASHLEY ELDER said...

He is darling, what a scary experience...I had a complication with my 3rd baby and thought the same thing about having no more and lucky to be here BUT another baby later :) hehe Anyways, HAPPY BIRTHDAY Jack!!

Real Mom, Real Life said...

Happy Birthday Jack Jack!!! SO Cute!


BTW, Word verification says:OASMA -- almost like the guy you like so much! :)

kbhull said...

Happy Birthday Jack!! He looks so big! I can't wait for him and Wrigley to play!

Heatherly said...

Happy Happy Birthday! I love that Carson has this little guy to hang with when our husbands take them in the teachers quorum!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...