Sunday, February 1, 2009

Praying at the Wall

The Western Wall is the most holy place accessible to the Jewish people because of Muslim control of the Temple Mount. Known in recent centuries as the "Wailing Wall," this was built by Herod the Great as the retaining wall of the Temple Mount complex. The plaza was created as an area for prayer when Israel captured the Old City in 1967, after the 6 day war. At times tens of thousands of people gather here for prayer. This is just some video I got of the Western Wall, and the Jews coming there to pray. The first video is of Bob and Todd down at the wall. The second video is silent, because I was in a room with the women who are praying, and I didn't want to disturb them, but I wanted to take a little video, because I find it fascinating to watch. Enjoy...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...