Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Chicken Soup...

It's been a crazy few days at our house! Kids in this house are dropping like flies! The little head cold started last week with little Jack, and it's gone through 5 of my 6 kids in 5 days! Not to mention--ME! Ugh. Last night I had been up all night with Jack and Ashlie, and didn't feel too hot myself, so I slept in this morning. I was still sleeping at 9 a.m., when my good Bishop's wife called to see if I would be willing to go on a discussion with the missionaries. Anyone who has called me early in the morning knows that I always sound like crap anyway--but I must have sounded worse then I felt even because she could immediately tell that I wasn't feeling well. Erin was home and had answered the phone the same way. I let her know that our family was all sick, and she asked if there was anything she could do for us. I told her we would be okay, and thank you and she hung up. Later that morning, I left to go and get Josh from school, another one down--101 fever, and came back to my neighbor bringing us dinner--chicken soup and homemade bread from my Bishop's wife, that she had brought while I was gone. This is one of the busiest women that I know--and yet, she took the time, on short notice to think of me and my family. I want her to know that I really appreciated that chicken soup--and most of all I appreciated the love and care that went into it. I know how much she sacrifices for her husband to serve our ward like he does, and for her to not hesitate to serve me and my family meant the world to me. Thank you Kay!

1 comment:

Real Mom, Real Life said...

I hope you all get better soon. Love that Kay!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...