Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Twenty Pounds!!!


Okay, so as of this morning, I have officially lost 20 pounds!!! This is where it all started--http://6krazkids.blogspot.com/2008/05/diet.html . I'm not saying this to brag--but for me this is a major milestone! It has been two months in the making, but I'm proud of myself for sticking with something this long and actually having a little bit of success! This diet has actually been quite effective, and very easy to follow. I'm grateful that we finally found something that actually WORKS! I'm afraid we're taking two steps forward and one step back, because we will be at the cabin this weekend for the 4th, and then up to Aspen Grove family camp in Utah for Todd's family reunion. Lots of good food--and great FUN! My sister just got back from there and said she gained 4 pounds--and she's not an overeater like I am, so I need to just plan on gaining twice that much! That's okay though, I figure we will just have our fun, then get back on it when we get home. Life's too short to be on a diet ALL the time! (If you read my diet book, that right there is called rationalization--). Oh well...

I have so many projects started this week, I don't know what to do to finish them all. Yesterday, I got out a new box of clothes for Jack, and Ashlie, and added them to my already HUGE laundry pile. I forget that it's summer, and I already have like 5 loads of towels. I never know which ones are dirty or clean, so I just wash them all. (No, I'm not doing the environment any favors!)--I cleaned out all of the kids dressers and closets yesterday and today and now have tons of clothes to find a home for. My closet needs a thourough cleaning, but I'm not touching that with a ten foot pole this week. It's gonna take me hours! The worst part of this is that I have devoted literally 8 or more hours yesterday and today to these projects, then Todd comes home and looks at me like "what did you do today?" I hate that look. I haven't showered, or gotten dressed today, and even though I've been working, it doesn't look like it. So I decided to take a break, blog, swim a little with the girls, and then I'll get back to all of it later. It is summer after all--don't I deserve a break too??? Oops, Jack just woke up from his nap after all of 15 minutes--so I guess not! Such is life...

1 comment:

Kathy P said...

Congrats Tammy! 20 punds is great! And don't worry about the cabin, any food eaten on family vacation is calorie and fat free... At least that is what I am telling myself. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...