Friday, July 18, 2008

Bryce Canyon, Utah!...

So this was our first stop in Utah--and thank goodness we only went halfway, because I was going out of my mind to get out of that car. I hate the drive to Utah! Anyway, we stayed overnight at Ruby's Inn in Bryce Canyon. We were kind of the side show at dinnertime it seemed. There were all these Europeans and foreigners there, and no one spoke much English, and they had obviously never seen such a large family before, so we got lots of staring and gawking during dinner at the restaurant there. It used to embarass me, but I've gotten to the point where I don't really care anymore, I just ignore it and go about my business. The next day, Friday, we went to Bryce Canyon. Todd was miffed that you had to pay $25 just to get in the place, (CHEEP!), and thought about turning around, but we didn't. We found out that if you really want to enjoy Bryce Canyon, you need to plan on wearing hiking shoes, and hiking down into the canyon. All of our kids had their flip flops on, as did we, and we had Jack in a stroller, so you can't really hike down into the canyon with that--(unless you want to send your baby flying off a steep trail to his death--which we didn't)! So we just went to two or three lookout points and we were done. It was incredibly beautiful, and I'm glad we went, and paid the money to see it! HA!
The road cut out of the canyon...

Me and my Girls...

My little daredevil kept climbing on the fences...YIKES!

Ashlie loves her Grandpa Allen--she was his hiking buddy...

Grandma Allen and the kids...

Isn't Abby cute!

My cute boys...

Then we headed off to Richfield, Utah, Todd's old stomping grounds--(they moved to Mesa when he was 13). We had to stop by our favorite place, where my diet started to go downhill--Ideal Dairy in Richfield. So we all got ice cream and Todd's favorite cookies from his childhood, Raisin filled sugar cookies--which might sound gross, but are amazingly delicious! We bought a few dozen for the road and headed to Provo for the next part of the vacation which deserves it's own post--ASPEN GROVE!

YUMMY, YUMMY!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Looks like a lot of fun! I hate the drive to Utah as well...ugh. Erin Deller

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...