Friday, July 25, 2008

Old Friends...

I spent time with an old friend yesterday, and I don't mean old, old (we are NOT that old, unless you ask our kids!). Misty was one of my best friends in High School, 16 years ago--whoa, maybe we are old! As we sat and talked, I could still see glimpses of the girl I knew back then, and memories came flooding back. I know it's hard for my kids to believe that I was ever young, or did anything fun, but those days are ever present in my memory. I remember high school as such a fun time in my life, a time when I could be carefree and fun loving. A time when all I had to worry about was a big zit on my forehead, or a stupid geometry test. Sometimes I long for those days. 6 kids later, I don't quite know if I'm big enough for this job! I'm doing my best, but it really freaks me out that I have so many little people, so many sweet souls that I am responsible for! What happens if I screw this up? I worry all the time about what my children will turn out like. Will they need therapy because of my constant lectures, or yelling, or my constant need to boss them--(see my last post, then say a prayer for all of us!). Will they make it through the constant temptation, and the wickedness that surrounds them daily? The scriptures tell us that the Lord won't give us more than we can handle, but they don't say whether we will be able to handle it well! Sometimes I feel like I am very mediocre at this job that I have. If it were a regular job, I would have been fired already! Thank goodness the Lord is more patient than any regular boss! He is willing to be patient with me as I learn my lessons, and mold me and shape me into the mother that He wants me to be to His children. They are His children after all.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...