Sunday, July 27, 2008

Off to Jerusalem...

Todd's parents had their farewell today, they will be serving in the BYU Jerusalem Center in Israel for the next 18 months. I have such mixed feelings today! I am so excited for them to have this opportunity, but I know I'm not the only one who doesn't want them to go! I think we are all in a little bit of denial, but the fact is, by this time tomorrow, they will be gone, and they will be missed sooo much!
I love Todd's parents. They have taken me in and treated me as one of their own children for all these years. I have always felt welcomed and loved by them, as I know so many other people have. They are such warm and caring people, who will take someone in and love them, no matter what their situation is. They have always been such a great example for me. I remember when Todd and I were first dating, I went to his house to meet his family and spend the weekend, and I was so impressed with his family, and how much they loved each other. I was so impressed that his dad would kiss him goodnight, and tell him that he loved him, even though he was an adult. His mom was so sweet and fun, always serving someone else, never worrying about herself. I knew that this was a model of how I wanted my family to be someday.
Bob and Sue, I just want you to know how much you mean to me, and to our children. We all love you so much. My heart aches when I think about you being gone, and not being able to see you, but it brings me comfort to know that you are on the Lord's errand. We trust that he will protect you, and bring you safely home. Know that we will be praying for you every day, and that we will try to keep you updated on the happenings in this crazy family of yours. We will take care of each other because you taught us how for all these years. This family will stay strong because of your love, and your example. Thank you for all you've done! You will be truly missed!

1 comment:

kelseystenquist said...

Thank you Tami for your kind words. You have always been a special part of our family. We have been so blessed that Todd married you! You are a wonderful, loving mother. I am grateful that you are so high tech otherwise our family might never hear from me for 18 months! Thanks for your help with the computer and the blog. We love your family and will miss you.
Bob and Sue

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...