Monday, June 30, 2008

Hot Summer Day...




The kids wanted to do a lemonade stand today, so Erin helped them mix some up and make some signs. I remember doing this several times as a kid, and even if you don't make any money, (other than from your own parents and siblings), it's still a lot of fun. Josh wanted to charge $1.00 a cup--but I talked him down to a quarter. (Inflation...wow!) They got into their swimming suits and played in the sprinklers, and drank about a gallon of lemonade all by themselves--it is 115 outside today after all! Wouldn't it be nice to be a kid again! No worries, no stress, just fun all day long! But then we would have to go through junior high and high school all over again, and can I just say a big "NO THANKS" to that one! I will stay where I am thank you! I had grand plans for my children this summer. I was going to make them read, and practice piano every day, and do chores, and keep their rooms clean. Somehow though, it gives me much more satisfaction to see them enjoy the lazy days of summer, hanging out with their friends with not a care in the world. There will be plenty of time for them to stress out later. After all, you only have a little while to be a kid!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Hey, it's Ashley, Don and Jody's daughter, just wanted to say hi! I just found your blog on Mark and Debbie's, what cute kiddos you have!!! How is Uncle Bob's family doing? I was looking at pictures and saw that Kristy has a little girl, congrats to her!! Anyways, check out our blog, talk with ya later!

-ashley!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...