Wednesday, March 2, 2011

You GO Girl!...

This year, softball was a little hard on my Erin.  Her coach was, well...(how do I say this nicely...) ummm...kind of a DORK, (and that's the nice way to say it) and Erin went from the starting first baseman last year to the starting right fielder, getting replaced by not one--but TWO other players, so she only got to play 2 innings a game.  Long story short--this wasn't her best season of softball but we still enjoyed watching her play.  I love Erin's no nonsense personality, and the way she tells it like it is.  She makes me laugh listening to the things that come out of her mouth!  Sometimes it also gets her in trouble!  Does that sound like anyone else you know?  Ha!  Erin made the best of the season, and still enjoyed playing the game she loves.  I told her that part of life is playing for coaches you don't like, and next year will be a better year for sure!  I'm proud of this girl for sticking it out, and not quitting!  I still LOVE to watch you play! 
To next year... :)

1 comment:

Velma said...

Yup....she is alot like you Tami!!! Glad she is doing volleyball too! Loved volleyball even if I only played church ball back in the day. To competative in churchball tho' I think, lol. Loved playing in high school in the Japanese volleyball team in japanese ward...had a great coach then and good team. I didn't stay long enough in Japan to really be on the team long enough darn it all. I got hit by a softball in the nose so kinda got scared of playing it anymore.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...