Saturday, March 12, 2011

S%*# HAPPENS...

Sorry for the questionable title to this post...but sometimes, you just have to tell it like it is!  I had one of the most humiliating days EVER at Costco this week while shopping with Jack--and I have to write it down, so my kids will actually believe that it happened to me when I tell them later when they have their own kids.  You think that when you have 6 kids, you have seen it ALL--boy do I keep proving my own theory WRONG!

 I took Jack to Costco to buy some things for our trip next week, and also to buy some desserts for Kelsey's baby shower that night.  I loaded up our cart, FULL of groceries, and proceeded to go to the checkout and load my groceries onto the conveyor belt.  At this point, Jack is crying to get out of the cart, and he keeps saying "You need to CHANGE me."  "I want to get OUT!"  I already have stuff on the belt, ready to check out, so I keep shushing him, and telling him--"Just a minute"!  Anyway, I get all the stuff out, and the only things left are the boxes on the bottom of the cart, and he is still crying, so I decide just to hold him as I check out, then take him to the bathroom when I am done.  I grab him and start to take him out of the cart when CRAP!!!--No, literally CRAP (awful diarrhea) falls down his leg, all over his shoes, onto the floor, the seat of the cart, and down into the bottom of the cart onto a box of chips down there.  I quickly sat him back down into the yucky seat, realizing that I was going to do more harm than good getting him out of the cart, and he proceeds to start crying again.  The lady helping me load groceries realizes my plight--but the guy has already started checking me out--and doesn't notice what is going on.  He even started to take the box of chips out of the bottom of the cart not realizing there is POOP on it!  OH MY GOSH!  Is there a HOLE in this store that I can climb into and hide right now?  So I tell the guy my problem, and then not only do I realize that I have NO WIPES in my purse to wipe up the mess on Jack or the floor--but I also can't find my CREDIT CARD in my wallet!  HOLY CRAP!  Are you KIDDING me?

The guy put all my groceries in another cart, and said for me to come back and pay for them later when I found my credit card, meanwhile I take Jack, and all of the GROSS stuff in the cart back to the bathroom to try to clean up this HUGE MESS!  When I got him out to take him into the bathroom--despite my efforts to do it carefully--AGAIN--poop falls out onto the floor, and I lay him down on the changing table thing and go back with paper towels to clean up the floor leaving him laying there.  Not sure what the people in the bathroom thought--at that point can you really worry about that?  I have already been humiliated--so oh well!  Cleaned up that mess--then I come to JACK.  Oh my CRAP!  There is really no nice way to describe trying to clean  up this mess.  It took me 20 minutes--I threw away the clothes he was wearing, and thank GOODNESS I brought a diaper so that at least he had that to wear out of the store.  A lady came in 5 minutes into my cleaning efforts, and was waiting there to change her son--I told her, "You are NOT going to want to use this until it has been CLEANED!"  She realized I was right, and said she was just going to change him in her car.  After I clean him, I move on to cleaning up the diaper changing table the best I could and went to call the people to come in and disinfect it (I am NEVER using one of those again BTW--how many times does this happen every day and no one cleans it....BLAH)!  I managed to also get the lady to get me some wipes so I could clean the mess in the cart--which took another 15 minutes!  UGH!

As if I wasn't humiliated enough--I THEN had to go back having found my credit card stuffed back behind my driver's license, and PAY for my groceries.  With Jack in nothing but his diaper--and grinning ear to ear, I went back and waited in line to pay for my food.  By this time, I would rather have crawled under a ROCK than faced these people again!  I may never go back to that Costco again--I can hear what they said when I left right now, "Can you say WHITE TRASH?"  Oh my--that is what I felt like!  I come home and try to explain to Todd what just happened--but let's face it--he will never understand fully the humiliation that you sometimes feel when it comes to kids and what they do in public (much less at home)!  I was trying to imagine what he would have done in my situation--and I just can't see him dealing with something like that!  Sometimes it's amazing the things we have to do for our kids sake!

Oh well, what can I say?  Sometimes S*%# HAPPENS!

3 comments:

ASHLEY ELDER said...

Sounds like quite the trip :) I have definitely had days like that...in and OUT of my house :)

Huston Family said...

I would have like to know what Todd would have done. I think Dan would have just left! I've had a crap in the cart experience too, Kmart and yep, Jack!

Suzee Sanders said...

It Happens all the time. It happened to me in target anad I have seen it happen to others. Don't worry, like you say poop happens ... especially when you have kids.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...