Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Yellowstone--Day 2!

The second day we went to the geyser basins in Yellowstone. This was really a neat thing to see. The geysers look almost like they are cool to the touch, even though they are boiling hot!Required reading for the morning--do NOT touch the boiling hot lava pools, mud pots and geysers!!! They might KILL you! For the most part the children were safe--and smart! I guess all the yelling the day before served a purpose!
This was the Whirlygig geyser--This was Jack's little napping spot--right above the cab. This was the only place he was relatively safe from getting stepped on, or hurt. :)You like Josh's sword? Bigger = Better!This big guy was in our campground when we got there--just one space over. My kids had a hard time with the advice to stay away! They wanted to go and pet him!My girls slept in a tent that night--I worried about them all night because it was FREEZING! I kept waking up, and wondering if I should go out and get them. In fact several kids who were in the RV were cold and woke up that night. It got below 30 degrees! When we got up in the morning I asked the girls if they were cold and they were like--NO--we had to take off our jackets because we were sweating! I guess I could've slept easier!...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...