Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A Little Fish...

UPDATE: Neither of my girls made the team--but I am so proud of them for trying anyway! They are much braver than their mother is, that's for sure! Love you girls!

Oh man, are my girls brave! They are trying out for jr. high volleyball this week at Highland Jr. High. They have a two hour practice every day for 5 days to show the coaches their stuff. Not too hard right? Yeah right. There are about 50 girls trying out for 12 spots on both the 7th and 8th grade teams! Talk about a little fish in a big sea! They are really only trying out because I wanted them to, I'm not sure volleyball is even their favorite sport--but they love their mom--and it's MY favorite, so I wanted them to do it. I had NO idea that they would have so many kids trying out! You have to know that I played all the sports in high school--but you also have to know that my graduating class was a whopping 83 people--total. I was mediocre at best at volleyball, and the other sports for that matter, but when I tried out there would be like 16 people trying out, and 12 made the team! Of course, I think it may have been harder if you were one of only 4 kids who got cut--but still, it's nerve racking! I just want my girls to know that I think they are awesome for trying out--even if it was just so mom would get off their back. If you make it--awesome! If you don't--we'll find something else to fill the time I'm sure! I'm just proud of you guys for trying, and taking a chance, you'll be better for it! You are a little fish, in a big sea--but you are MY little fish--and I love you! You're the best!

2 comments:

Kristine said...

I hear you! Paige is trying out for the soccer team...same type of odds. Fortunately it was her choice...I didn't make her work out in the hot sun for two hours all week! I am proud of her for her initiative and ability to stick to it! So I saw Todd at the back to school night in passing...didn't get a chance to talk. Where are you guys now??? Obviously closer again!

Erin said...

They may be little fish, but they are pretty great fish! WIsh them luck!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...