Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Old Faithful...

We got to Old Faithful around 4:40 p.m., and found out it was scheduled to erupt right on cue at 4:59! Yay--I was worried we would have to wait an hour, which wouldn't be easy with so many little ones! It's too funny to see all the people sitting around waiting for it to erupt, like watching a pot of water boil... It was really cool to see though--and boy is that one ginormous geyser! I was expecting it to be loud and to shake the earth or something, but it was just quiet and quick, about a minute, then it was over. I spent most of the time trying to get a good picture--over the crowd's head. The kids were like, "That was it?" So much for a wonder of the world or something. Hello?? Gotta love kids! I thought it was amazing... There was so much beauty here, and driving across the country I was constantly amazed by Heavenly Father's creations, and what a beautiful country that we have been blessed with. The song America the Beautiful came to mind so many times! I love the U.S.A--so grateful that we were blessed to be born here--in the land of the free, home of the brave. God Bless America! Pardon me--I had to have my patriotic moment! =D

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...