Monday, August 10, 2009

Mixed Feelings...


So tomorrow is the first day of school, and normally I would be ecstatic--I mean, don't get me wrong, I love my kids, but when they are all home it is even more chaotic than usual at this house! I am happy when they go back to school and get back on a schedule, and things are more quiet here during the day. This year, though, I really have to say that I enjoyed this summer more than any other! We moved right in the first week of summer, and my house was in the middle of a remodel (still is...somewhat), so I wasn't worried all summer about keeping the house clean. I mean, we still picked things up, but we didn't have friends dropping by, or church callings, so I really wasn't that worried about my house being clean. I knew that I was going to be in the middle of a move, so I was also careful not to sign them up for very much this summer. All in all...if you could have a perfect summer, this was it! We enjoyed each other, slept in, bagged the schedule, vacationed, barbequed, swam, and had a great time!

While I am grateful to get the kids back on a normal schedule, (and I know that it's better for them) I am a little sad to be losing them, and to have to worry about homework, piano practice, chores, practices, reading, and just all of the stress that comes with school. I will really miss them, all of them, (yes, even my Josh...) :)! I am also so nervous for my two oldest, going to a new junior high, and wading their way through the halls where they know very few people. I want them to know how proud I am of them, and how much I love them! You will do great--I know it! I am so grateful for my beautiful family, and the fun summer we had together--you guys are the BEST! I love you!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...