Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Disney for Thanksgiving!

So Disneyland was a total BLAST--even though there were more people skipping out on Thanksgiving than we thought there would be! It certainly was busy, but tons of fun as always! My sister and her husband came with their 4 kids, who have never been there--so it was fun to see them having fun on all the rides. My parents were also there, and willing to help so much with the kids which is always SO great! It certainly is a magical place, especially at this time of year, all decorated for Christmas! The castle is all lit up, and the huge tree is just beautiful with all the decorations! They even had real snow after the awesome fireworks--(okay, so it was bubbles, but it looked like snow)! It was truly a magical night!Funny story--on the second day we tried to smuggle a loaf of bread, a jar of peanut butter and jelly in after spending some $70 on lunch the first day. Todd thought he could be all sneaky, and put it on the bottom of the stroller covered with all the jackets and they wouldn't notice. Well--of course we get the Nazi lady who has to completely inspect EVERYTHING! So she pulls out our bag and finds our contraband--and you would've thought we were trying to smuggle a BOMB into Disneyland! She's like--you can't have that here, it has to be already prepared food--and you have to keep it in the lockers and come back and eat in the picnic area. So she wanted us to go back out to the CAR and prepare the sandwiches (which would've taken forever), so my mom just goes out to a table and starts to make the sandwiches. Then another lady comes over and is like--what are you doing? So my mom tells her what the other lady said--and she told her to just go in and not worry about it. I mean really--is it a capital offense to try to save a little money on lunch? Seriously--it would be easier to smuggle a handgun into Disney than a little peanut butter and jelly! We did save some money on lunch--but look what we had for dinner--this is what $50 worth of CORN DOGS looks like! I could just feel my thighs get fatter as I ate that thing! YUM! Our favorite ride at California Adventure--California Screamin! That thing is so much fun! We managed to snap a few pics of the screen before they yelled at us! The kids are so funny with the faces they make on the roller coaster cam!The third day we went to Knotts Berry Farm. I haven't been there in like 10 years, and the last time we went I had 3 children under 5 years old--so all I remembered about that place was Camp Snoopy for the little ones. I really missed out on some good rides! We had a lot of fun on those roller coasters! Thanks to my Mom and Dad who got to camp out in Camp Snoopy this time! We appreciate you guys! The kids went with the Dads on this huge water slide--they got SOAKED--but it was a hot day luckily! The funnest ride of the day--Xcelerator--it shoots you out like a slingshot going 85 mph, then straight up and down. It was a huge rush--there's nothing like a good roller coaster!
Thanks Wendy and Owen--Mom and Dad--for a great Thanksgiving weekend. We had such a fun time, and it was so fun for the kids to spend some time with their "Utah cousins", who we never see! We miss you guys already!

5 comments:

Sharla said...

You guys sure know how to have fun! I love all the pictures!Tami, you're so brave to ride the Xcelerator! I was too chicken when we went last year.

Heatherly said...

what a blast! I love Disney at this time of year! Can't wait for Carson to get to that age to really enjoy it!

Natalie said...

I am glad you guys had a great Thanksgiving. We missed you. The neighborhood was a lot quieter without you and your kids of course.

Yvette said...

Your trip looks like it was a blast! We went there in October and saw the Halloween decorations. Fun to see the Christmas ones though. Love Disneyland and your blog. I love reading your political views. I totally agree with all of them. This is a fun way to check on your family. I've gotten closer to people in my ward by reading there blogs. Weird huh?
Its better than Hi and Bye. Sorry for the novel!

Kathy P said...

I love Disney Christmas -- everything is so festive... we have never tried it during thanksgiving though. It looks like so much fun. We have never been stopped for food before. Tim is always worried we will and so I always carry the bag of food. Crazy lady!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...