Thursday, December 18, 2008

Fun Christmas Ideas...

Today Joshua's kindergarten class had a fun activity where they made gingerbread houses. They asked that a parent try to come in and help their child for this activity. Todd was home, so he got to go. He is much funner for the kids to do crafts with because he doesn't need it to turn out perfect. He's okay with letting the kids do their thing--I am kind of a control freak when it comes to these things! It turned out so cute. They just used graham crackers, and used pint cartons as the template to glue the crackers to with the frosting. Then they had sugar cones for trees, and tons of fun candy to decorate your house with. Josh was so cute because he made sure there was nothing with peanut butter on his house. When he got home, he and Ashlie went to work on that thing, and had the candy gone in no time! Love this guy!For Ashlie's preschool gift to us, her teacher made those cool silhouette pictures that I remember making for my parents in kindergarten. I think it turned out so cute--and you don't see these much anymore. Check out those FAB lashes of hers--I have to goop on the mascara so you can even see mine--so unfair!For teacher gifts this year, I bought these cute gift sets at Walmart that say "Calgon--take me away!" I thought that would wrap up how any of my kids poor teachers must feel after a day with all those kids! I start screaming for relief after just one weekend home with the kiddos, I seriously don't know how these teachers do it! Kudos to them for having the patience to teach my children--I truly love and appreciate each of them for what they do!Tonight Emie came up with the idea for her friend's gifts. She printed out pictures she had taken with each of her friends, then we went and bought $3 frames at Walmart and some cute buttons. We decorated the frames with cute ribbon--(left over from our FAB flip flops we made this summer) and buttons. They turned out so cute! Or as Emie would say--"UBER CUTE!" Good idea Em-(we didn't use to call her Martha Stewart for nothing)!

1 comment:

Bobs said...

We made gingerbread houses for scouts this week. It was interesting with 7 boys trying not to eat the candy and make something artistic. I think they all had a great time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...