Friday, December 5, 2008

Putting Christ in Christmas...

Tonight was our ward Christmas party, and the theme was "Putting Christ in Christmas". It was such an amazing program. They had people bring their nativities, and pictures of Christ and displayed them in three of the rooms. We had a small program and then very reverently walked through the rooms to look at the nativities. I was surprised that my children were so interested in all of the nativities, they were fascinated by them. It was very hard for some of them to not touch, however (I won't mention any names...JOSHUA)! I put a picture of my favorite one--a little nativity village set--I thought this was SO cool, it is like the whole little town of Bethlehem, I loved it. There were sets there from Vietnam, Germany, China, Jerusalem, Laos, Sri Lanka, it was amazing. Then we went back into the cultural hall where they had a live nativity with some of the primary children as the actors. I just love when you have children act out the nativity, we do this every year with whatever cousins we are with at Christmas time, and it is always such a sweet spirit. The children are so cute in their costumes, and there was such a reverent, sweet spirit there. This was just what I needed after my meltdown earlier in the week. A sweet reminder that this IS the reason for the season! That Jesus Christ was born in a stable, that he lived--that he LIVES! I am so grateful to have this knowledge in my life, and for the way that this knowledge blesses me and blesses my family! I love my Savior so much, I am so grateful for his example, for the life that he lived. When I asked a few posts ago how to be able to relax and enjoy the season--I have my answer. Just focus on Christ, and my heart can be at peace. I'm not saying that we won't still be busy--but if I focus on Him, everything else will fall into place. I am grateful for this night, and this reminder!

Abby was a narrator.Look at the sweet little girl holding the star SO high!The Bishopric even dressed up as Wise Men and gave out little star cookies to the kids that said "Wise Men Still Seek Him".The best part of any Ward Party is the TREATS!!!

1 comment:

Sharla said...

Great pictures! What a great party! I have to let you know--my daughter's favorite nativity, out of all of them, was your eskimo nativity from Alaska.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...