Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Tis the Season--(of Anxiety that is!)

Am I the only one that starts feeling the anxiety on about Dec. 1st, that doesn't go away until around noon on Dec. 25th??? Seriously, when I think of all the things that I need to get done in these short 21 days, I feel like curling up in the fetal position in my closet for a few weeks and letting it all pass by! How sad huh? I feel like such a scrooge this year, but it seems that every year, as we have added more and more kids, we have also added more and more STRESS to the holiday season. I feel like I can't even enjoy it anymore because we are so busy! Do you all have any ideas on how to remove the stress and the busyness and that oh so familiar overwhelming feeling in the pit of your stomach--and just RELAX?? (Ideas that don't include Zoloft??) I have been trying all day to get the laundry done, and put away, and my house clean to a point where I can even think about getting my Christmas decorations out--so that I can destroy the house all over again and take a few more days to clean it all up. We had our big family Christmas party last nite, which was a blast--but we have the ward party on Friday, then parties on Saturday, and so it begins...and it seems like we will have something every night until Christmas Eve!! Not to mention that I have to fit in shopping somewhere, and in the next week or so get gifts sent off to those who live far away! That is not to mention baking, Christmas cards, pictures, concerts, etc., etc., etc! For those of you who manage to not let it stress you out--how the heck do you do it? Seriously--I want to be able to enjoy the season--tell me your secrets?!?!? I am begging here...(Okay, so excuse the little meltdown--I am just having a hard day--but I thought I would share--surely I'm not the only one who feels this way...am I???).

4 comments:

Sharla said...

Sorry you're having a frazzled time. Chocolate always seems to put me in a better mood! It's sad that Christmas has become all about the business that we forget to take time to reflect on what it's all about. If there's anything I can do to help, let me know. Hang in there!

Christine Green said...

you don't have to do everything!!!!!!!!! What ever gets done will be enough. Don't be so hard on yourself and do what you can do and enjoy doing it. And remember what this time of year is all about.......

Heatherly said...

Ha ha So it doesn't get easier huh? I'm with Christine and remembering what its all about. And maybe a little prep time in November...? Good luck!

Kathy P said...

When you figure it out Tami... please tell me. I am just trying to get through the days without hyperventilating. Deep breaths. Thats what I keep telling myself. Hope it gets better for you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...