Monday, December 8, 2008

My Christmas Angel...


Today, I dropped Ashlie off at school, and took Jack to K-Mart so I could purchase the rest of the lights I needed to finally get our lights up on our house...(right now all we have is a jumbo Homer Simpson Santa figure that we received for a white elephant gift last year--can you say white trash...Todd is loving the attention from that one--I, am not!). He was very tired, but I thought he would make it at least the hour that I needed to get some shopping done.
It wasn't 15 minutes before he fell asleep--(sitting up, I told you this boy can sleep anywhere)--which would have been okay, if I had brought his car seat in, but I left it in the car thinking he would be awake, and happier sitting in the cart. So I took him out and held him, pushing my cart around, trying to get a little more Christmas shopping done--we only have 15 days you know! After another half hour, my arms were throbbing, both the one I was holding him with, and the one I was using to push my now heavy, overflowing cart with. I headed to the checkout, only to see two HUGE lines (the reason I hate K-Mart)! I got into a line, and the thought crossed my mind to just leave my cart there, and try another day, as I wasn't sure how much longer I could hold this boy without my arm falling off. Then, I saw my angel!
Her name was Dee, and she was a K-Mart employee. She told me to follow her to a lane where a lady was almost ready to leave, and had begun to close her register. She instructed her to open it back up, and help me get out of there. I told her thank you, and started to load my things onto the belt. She said, "No, let me get those things for you, you just hold on to that baby, I'm sure he's getting heavy!" I was so thankful, it was like she had read my mind. I proceeded to pay and then Dee told me, "I'll push the cart out to your car for you." It was such a relief, because I had parked pretty far away, and it would have been a long walk to push that thing with one hand. She not only pushed my cart out to the car for me, but she loaded my things into the back while I put Jack into his car seat and got the car started. I told her, "Thank you so much! Today YOU were my Christmas angel!" She said it was no problem, and for me to have a Merry Christmas.
It was a simple thing, that this lady did for me today--but to this tired mom, she was an angel! Thank you Dee! Today you made a difference in someone's life--and I am so grateful! I have also linked this story on Real Angels Real Life--check it out!

5 comments:

Heatherly said...

What a great little tale. We forget just how much we can touch people in those small little ways.

P.s. Just think of those stong arm muscles you are buildling! meow! lol

Christine Green said...

I love all the angels that just show up in the smallest ways......

Kathy P said...

I love little acts like this... it just demonstrates the goodness of people. Love this post...

Sharla said...

How inspiring! This is what I love about the Christmas Season. There's a light that seems to nudge people to be a little more kind and thoughtful. Kudos to Dee for spreading the true spirit of Christmas!

Erin said...

I came over from Real Angels. What a great story! I am so glad someone was paying attention, and so willing to help you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...