Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Highland Softball 2011...

Emie's softball season ended a few weeks ago, and I thought I'd bring a camera for the last game & at least take a few pictures of her!  She really had a fun season on the Freshman team, and really enjoyed playing for Highland.  Again, like volleyball, she wasn't sure she was good enough to try out, and thought about sitting it out, but her team only had like 10 players, so it's a good thing she tried out!  She got to play every game, and really improved over the season.  It was really fun to go to her games & watch her play!  Emie is such a positive person, and always makes everyone laugh with her sense of humor & sarcasm.  At the banquet last week, she won the "Hawk Award", or the coaches award for always being positive, always working hard, and encouraging her team.  I think she was surprised that she won, but I wasn't!  Emie is just a fun person to be with, and it's rare to find a teenager who's as positive as she is!  After her last game, her coaches had heard that the girls were going to come after them with a bucket of ice water, so they decided to turn the tables.  They gave all of us parents little water guns, and they had those big super soaker guns, and we got to go after the players.  Grandma and Grandpa Allen, and some of her cousins were there too...so we got Emie good!  She was soaked, and came after me & jumped on my back and seriously tackled me to the ground to get me to stop squirting her.  Little punk.  I was a little embarassed at how easily I went down...so we need a rematch!  I can't be getting THAT weak can I?  It's not like I'm one of those OLD moms!  HA!  Love you anyway Em, and I know where you sleep...so WATCH OUT!



1 comment:

Velma said...

Great job Emie...congrads on the award, keep up the great work! Proud of all the accomplishments you are making in your life. If you keep going you can do anything, and the Lord will be pleased with you fulfilling your mission in this life. Are you planning to go on a mission, and what do you want to do career wise after you graduate??

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...