Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Adventures in Weight Loss...

We are involved in a weight loss contest with some of Todd's family members right now, but it's a little too hot to excercise outside, SO we've gone downstairs & dusted off the old treadmill.  Funny thing?  The last time we used that thing was a few years ago, and we looked at the user profiles we set up.  Todd was 36 years old, weight, 225.  Tami was 33 years old, weight, 150.  HA!  We've been gaining and losing the SAME 10-20 pounds for the last 4 years!  Lovely huh?  Kinda like banging your head against the wall!  Anyway, we are back at it, but can I just tell you how frustrating it is to try to excercise with a toddler around?  Jack won't leave me alone the whole time, he has to be right there by me--and he drives me CRAZY.  I am constantly having to stop because he's about to jump on the treadmill, or putting his foot on it, or standing in back of it.  This time, though it was quite the circus!  Take a look at this picture:

So all of that CRAP piled in the back of the treadmill, actually started with Jack throwing it onto the FRONT of the treadmill, I would jump over it as I jogged, and he thought it was SO funny that he kept throwing new books, toys, and junk on until he basically ran out of things to throw at me!  Did I keep telling him to stop?  Ummm...YEP!  Do you think he cared?  Ummm....NO!  That's the thing about toddlers...when they find something that entertains them, well, they can stay at it for a long time!  I probably burned a few more calories in the end, with the jumping AND jogging, so I guess it was worth it.  And the good news is I WAS down 9 lbs. as of last week & Todd was down 14!  The bad news?  A camping trip, mothers day, and dinner out after Abby's orchestra concert this week & I gained half of it back!  UGH--no wonder we have been losing and gaining the same pounds over and over!  Oh well...back to banging my head...

1 comment:

Anna said...

This really made me laugh, because my two year old is a nightmare around the treadmill. I have put a baby gate around it and I try to get him to watch tv while I run!! It doesn't always work out. :(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...