Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Mother's Day...

I know I am WAY behind in the blogging of late--but hey--it is MAY!  May is seriously CRAZY TIME in this house!  We are SO ready for school to be over, and summer to come.  I seriously think the last two or three weeks of school are such a waste of time.  I know it has to be done, and they need to finish strong...but lately we are going to bed later, and getting up later, and well, we are just plain BURNED OUT! 

Mother's day was great--even though it fell on Sunday, AGAIN.  And, we had 8:00 church, AGAIN.  Oh--you mean it will always fall on a Sunday?  CRAP.  If they really wanted to give mothers everywhere a break, Mother's Day would fall on MONDAY!  Not on a day of rest.  We don't really want to rest--we want to rest while our family slaves away all day doing laundry, and dishes, cleaning, cooking, you know...the things moms actually do every day!  Oh, well.  Todd bought all of the girls a corsage--I love when he does that!  They all looked beautiful--and I love that the teenagers wore theirs without complaining.  The kids made me a fantastic breakfast when we got home--waffles & strawberries with whipped cream.  I got the perfect Sunday nap--with almost no interruptions.  We went to Chris & Cindy's for dinner--my favorite--steak & baked potatoes.  It was a great day!  Thanks guys, for making your mom feel special!  We tried to get a nice picture after church of me and the girls with our flowers...should be easy right?  Yeah..not so much...oh well...we tried!

3 comments:

Huston Family said...

Look at all those beutiful girls. They're growin up on you Tami!

Erin Allen said...

Ashlie is the worst picture taker.

Sarah Williams said...

funny all of our pics have eyes closed too. everyone whines about the sun being in their eyes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...