Saturday, March 31, 2012

Spring has Sprung...

And I've been feeling CRAFTY!  (Seriously...I know it's weird).  It might be because I have a new addiction to Pinterest, and I've seen SO many great ideas on there, and WOW, I don't know where you women find the time to do all of the amazing things that are pinned on there.  You can bet this post will be on Pinterest, though, since the things that I make, and actually end up liking are few and far between!  Usually I end up hating whatever it is, and give it away!  If you've received something homemade from me, sorry.  :)

I've been trying to find things to bring SPRING into our house--I so love Springtime!  I love the smell of the blossoms, the warm sun on my skin (even though let's face it, I live in AZ--and I get it all year round), I love that school is almost over, and summer is so close I can almost taste it!  I also love the colors and flowers that spring brings.  I wanted to make something cute to go on my table, since I found these fabulous bright orange place mats on sale at Pier 1 Imports.  I ended up spending too much time, (and a LOT of $$), at Michaels, and I managed to find this adorable silver watering can to do my floral in.  Gerber daisies are my favorite (except for sunflowers, which I adore too--but those are more for fall), I also added some yellow smaller flowers, and some green hydrangeas to even it out and make it fuller.  I think it turned out cute!  I am no expert at flower arranging, but for my first project, I think it didn't turn out too bad!  Take a look:

 



We also made an Easter wreath, that was inspired from my sister Wendy, who sent me a picture of hers...super cheap and EASY!  I think it turned out so cute!
First, we covered a plain wreath with easter grass (with a TON of hot glue)...
 Josh covered himself with the easter grass too...
 Then, I glued tye-dye eggs, and a big box of plain plastic eggs from Walmart to cover the wreath...
Ashlie loved the easter grass too!
 Make sure you mix up the colors & use enough to completely cover the wreath...
And have some FUN while you're doing it!
 Here's the finished product--and a cute girl who helped make it
(she's got the burned fingers to prove it!)
 And here it is on my door!
 VOILA!  Happy Easter!

1 comment:

Candace Jedrowicz said...

Adorable!!! Thanks so much for linking to our party!
Candace J

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...