Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Go Panthers!...

Josh was facing some Giants of his own this season on his flag football team, the Panthers!  You wouldn't believe the range of sizes of this age group--9 to 11 years old!  The weight range was anywhere from Josh's 60 pounds to 160 pounds, and the height was anywhere from under 5 feet tall to 5 foot 8 or 9 inches--taller than Todd!  Somehow Josh's team was pretty stacked with 9 year olds that were only about his size.  It seemed like every week we were facing the giants.  That doesn't mean that this guy didn't have some fun.  Many of the touchdowns were scored by Josh, using his smallness and quickness to his advantage.  I always tell people that I pray that if Josh isn't going to be tall--please Lord, make him fast, because his dad wants him to play football!  Seeing the size difference in these boys sure made me glad that Todd doesn't like Pop Warner football--at least at this age.  I'm not sure I could handle it if he was getting pounded by boys as big as we are!  He liked football so much, he decided not to try out for baseball this year, but to play football again instead.  This will be the first year in about 12 years that I don't have anyone playing baseball or softball!  Emie has decided to run track (she's pole-vaulting--crazy girl), Abby is doing volleyball, and Erin decided not to try out for the Freshman team, so I'm a little sad, but it will sure make the weeks a lot more manageble not having games every night!  It will also make me a happier camper when it comes to my crazy allergies to not have to be out in the grass every single day and night this spring. Yay!  Here are some pictures of Josh playing the game we love!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...