Thursday, March 22, 2012

Cub Scouts...

Cub Scouts seems to be my go to calling for the last 6 years!  3 years in my other ward, then I have been in cub scouts since we moved into this one!  Actually, I enjoy it.  The last group of kids we had was a little difficult, only because there were 12 of them at one time, and it's hard to do fun things, and keep them cheap when there are so many boys.  I prefer the group I have now, which is 3 strong!  They are such cute boys, and the Wolf den is so fun, since they are so excited to be there, and to participate.  A few weeks ago, I bought bird houses for the boys to make at Hobby Lobby.  They were the real nail and hammer kind, not the kind you glue together, so I went to Walmart, and got these "little chubby" hammers that are so cute, and just the right size for cub scouts.
Then, I enlisted the help of my girls, since the boys would need help holding the little nails in place for them to hammer them in.  Can I just tell you how hilarious it was when the building ensued?  You would hear:  BANG, BANG, BANG, OOUCH!  Again and again.  My girls were such good sports to come away with banged up fingers, because the boys were so proud of themselves for building their bird houses all by themselves!  I wish I had taken pictures of the finished product, after they painted them, but I didn't think about it when they took them home!  But, here is a picture of my cute scouts working on their houses:  Love these boys (and those cute girls too)!

1 comment:

ed said...

You are so good at everything you do. Including cub scouts. Which is why you have been in there for 6 years!
Yes, lunch needs to be in our near future!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...