Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Spring Break Stay-Cation...

I know this is late in coming, but my laptop has been giving me fits lately, (the battery lasts about 15 minutes on average, before it gives out), and my other computer is getting repaired, and I am in computer HELL!  There's no blogging on the phone, or the Kindle either, I don't care what anyone tells you, because a touch keyboard is for texting--not typing a blog post, especially when you are long winded, like I am.  Anyway--for Spring Break this year, we did the stay-cation thing again, since Todd is just getting this business going,  and he still can't get away for weeks at a time.  DANG!  I was determined to not stay home and sulk though, so I told the kids if they helped out around the house, we would do something fun every day.  I'm pretty sure we almost spent as much as we would have on a vacation--but we had a great time!  Monday, we did Airworks, and the kids spent two glorious hours jumping on all kinds of trampolines and playing X-Box while jumping.  I was also in Heaven, just sitting on a comfy chair for two straight hours reading Hunger Games (awesome)!  I didn't get any pictures that day, but they had a fantastic time! 

Tuesday, we waited for Todd to get off work, (he wanted to play too!) and I found a deal for $12.99 per person to go to Golfland.  We got to do bumper boats, laser tag, race cars, and play a round of miniature golf.  We took Eli and his gorgeous wife Mila with us, and Emie and her friend Cameron met us there.  We had a great time!  This time, I brought my camera:






Some of those pictures cracked me up!  Especially those last ones that look like they are going to beat each other to death with golf clubs!  HA!

Wednesday, we decided to go to the Phoenix Zoo.  The kids loved it, and it was so fun to take our time, and see some of the things we usually miss when we go to the zoo and are on a tighter time schedule.  It was hilarious that the only animal Erin was dying to see was a Peacock.  I just thought it was funny that was the animal she was excited about.  Imagine our surprise, when we were over by the kids petting zoo, and saw a PEACOCK up on top of one of the buildings just sitting there!  She was so excited!  Josh was so happy that when I stopped to buy sunscreen, he managed to sneak some binoculars up on the counter while I wasn't looking, and by the time I realized it, I had bought those, and some gummy worms that Erin snuck up there too.  Dang kids.  Jack was disappointed that we didn't get to see the elephants pee this time.  Apparently that's the only thing he remembered from our last zoo trip!  It made him happier when I bought a bag of popcorn the same size as him! We all got a kick out of watching a black bear who was obviously tired of people gawking at him, just sit and bang on the door to try to get out of the exhibit area. The zoo entry wasn't too expensive, but holy crap, lunch was almost $80!  Next time, we're packing a lunch to go to the zoo!  Here are some pictures of our fun day!




Thursday, my 3 oldest kids left to go to Disneyland with their Aunt Katie, and Grandma Allen.  They had a fantastic time going to their cousin's cheer competition there.  It wasn't boring here, since the Alexanders came down to play with us! The kids were CRAZY, and swam all day (water is still FREEZING)! They were exhausted!  Kimbie, Christian, Todd, and I went to dinner at the Old Spaghetti Factory in Phoenix (I love me some Spaghetti with Mizithra Cheese & Browned Butter...YUM), then went to see Jeff Dunham at  U.S. Airways Arena.  He was HILARIOUS--even though some of the parts were a little irreverent to say the least.  I think he managed to offend all races, and religions equally, though, so no harm done.  My face and sides hurt when we got done.  It was nice to get away and have a night out!  My favorite was Achmed the Dead Terrorist--he cracks me up!  "I KILL YOU!"

Friday, we decided to make a day of it, and go to Amazing Jakes.  It wasn't so bad for us--since we only had the 3 youngest kids, but I felt bad when my sister spent almost $300 for their 8 kids and them!  Needless to say, we made sure we got our money's worth!  We ate lunch there, played for 5 hours, and ate dinner there, then played for a few more hours!  The kids had a great time playing golf, playing video games, riding rides, etc.  Jack was hilarious on the tea cups.  He HATED them!  The look on his face was priceless...he was like green!  He told me later, "I don't ever want to ride tea cups mom, they make me sick!"  The other kids loved them, though, and went on them over and over!  Bleh!  By the time we got home, we were BEAT!  It was a lot of fun, though, and the kids had a great time with their cousins!







Saturday, we were so beat from our eventful week, that we just hung out, ate, and visited all day.  It was nice just to unwind before Sunday.  All in all, our stay-cation was an amazing week.  We made a ton of great memories, and had a fabulous time just being together!  I love my family!  :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...