Friday, December 23, 2011

Cute Christmas Gift for Grandparents...

This year, Todd's sister Kelsey had a great idea for a Christmas gift for their mom and dad.  The idea was for each child (there are 9 in Todd's family) to choose a month out of the year, where they will take Grandma and Grandpa out on a date with their family.  This way, they will be making Christmas memories all year round, and it gives each family a time that they can have Grandma and Grandpa all to themselves, which can sometimes be rare in a family where there are 9 children and more than 40 grandchildren!  That left 3 more months, so we decided that we would take Sue to dinner in her birthday month, Bob to dinner in his, and for next December, we would all make an effort to make it to the temple for their Anniversary (we call it our "White Christmas").  Now all we had to do was find a cute way to present our gift to them.  We thought about doing a calendar, with pictures of the family that was doing that month, but the thought of trying to pin everyone down for them to send pictures was daunting (been there, done that--people in this family are BUSY!).  So I was looking on Pinterest (LOVE, LOVE, LOVE--did I mention that I LOVE Pinterest?), and found a cute idea for a coupon book a lady made for her husband for Fathers Day:  that book is HERE, then I decided that I could probably copy it...so here are is the result!  Usually when I make something, I hate the way it turns out--but I thought this project actually turned out really cute!  The book is 7"X7" square, and each month has a coupon that pulls out that says who's month it is to take Grandma and Grandpa out on their date. It also had a space where that family wrote a note to them.  This book was NOT cheap--all the bling you see costs $$$--(about $70 before I got done).  Made me glad I do my books on Blurb--so much faster and easier, but I still love the way this book turned out.   Check it out:

















No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...