Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas Eve 2011...

When we got home from the Allen Family Party, we started our own family traditions.  We read Luke 2, and the story "I Believe in Santa", (HERE) which I love, and of course, "Twas' the Night Before Christmas", where all the kids recite the book along with me. It was hilarious, because Jack had been waiting all night to open a present--so each time I would start a new book, he would start crying.  Finally when we were finished, we got a smile from that boy!





Then, the kids opened their sibling gifts they bought for each other.  We draw names at the beginning of December, and the idea is that each of them have a Secret Santa to do service for all throughout the month, then on Christmas Eve, they find out who their Secret Santa was.  The problem?  My kids are too lazy to do service for eachother, so it is just pretty much a Christmas gift they buy for eachother--but it's still nice, right?  Yeah, we need to work on that...  Anyhoo, I love watching them open their gifts from each other, and I love that they put lots of thought and effort into buying something their sibling will enjoy.  These kids really do love eachother--even though they are normal kids and they fight.  I know as they grow they will become closer, and love eachother even more.  At least that's what I keep telling them!  :)






After that, the kids opened their new Christmas Jammies--a great tradition, so they aren't wearing ratty clothes for Christmas pictures! 








Then it was time for the kids to snuggle in for their long winter's nap!  The little kids fell asleep pretty quickly--it had been a long day, but the teenagers were a little more excited!  Dang girls!


Finally, they went to sleep, and when we got up the next morning, VOILA!  Santa was HERE!  :)




So MAGICAL!  I LOVE Christmas!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...