Saturday, December 24, 2011

Allen Family Christmas Party 2011...

Usually on Christmas Eve I bake German Stollen, our family recipe (shown HERE) to eat for Christmas morning breakfast, but since my day was super full, and my family was coming the day after Christmas, I decided it could wait until Christmas day this year.  We shopped, and got everything we needed for the Allen Family Christmas Eve party, and headed over there at 4 for our Christmas Eve.  We decided to start so early so that we could be done earlier to have our own traditions at our own houses at night.  Sometimes when the party goes too late, we found it hard to have a nice time at our own houses when we were trying to rush everyone to BED.  The kids were grouchy, and tired, and everything seemed rushed when we got home at 8 or 9 at night.  Starting at 4 was perfect!  We were done eating and visiting by 6, and had a short program with people performing Christmas songs, poems, and the like, and were done by 7.  We had such a great time, and we have such talented kids in our family!  The only one of my kids to perform was Abby, even though she didn't have a Christmas song to perform.  The piano teacher we found (who comes to our house--and I LOVE), only has one recital per year--which I am totally FINE with, and so are my kids (surprise!).  The older ones hate performing, and its okay with me, as long as they stick with the piano.  Here are some pics of our party:





























Thanks Grandma & Grandpa for a GREAT party!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...