Monday, August 9, 2010

Makin JAM!...

I got together with a few of my Sis-in Laws this last week to bottle some apricots & make some JAM!  I seriously haven't bottled fruit in like 10 years!  I think I remember now why I haven't bottled fruit in like 10 years!  Man, it is hard, HOT work--and in July, sitting in a kitchen with 3 huge boiling pots of water is like sitting in a place where I NEVER hope to visit!  We took 2 days to bottle over 100 jars of apricots, and almost 100 jars of jam!  It was actually super fun to spend time with my sister in laws who I just LOVE--and my mother in law who is the fruit lady extraordinare who showed us the ropes in her huge amazing new kitchen!  We laughed, and talked, and sweated it out together!  The worst thing?  I really thought that I would at least lose a few pounds from all the sweating I was doing in that HOT kitchen--but I actually gained a few pounds from not going to work out for two days & eating nothing but pizza and junk food for two days.  Canning fruit is not really good for losing weight!  Oh well--now I just have to get around to making some yummy homemade bread to eat all that jam with!  It will have to wait till school starts!
Aren't they PRETTY!  I know--it's just JAM--but c'mon--we worked HARD for it!  Just call me Betty Crocker!  =)

1 comment:

Heather said...

I love that apricot stuff! I made 12 jars with Jessica on Tuesday night. Gotta keep up with the Allens! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...