Saturday, August 14, 2010

First Day of School--2010!...

The first day of school came way too quickly this year, although I was READY, and I think the kids were too!  I think they are just as anxious to get back to a schedule as I am after a summer full of chaos.  Fun--but chaos none the less!  The thing that none of us were ready for?  Waking up EARLY!  Ugh.  In Gilbert the school schedule is such that High School goes earliest, then Jr. High, then Elementary.  Crazy, if you ask me!  These poor teenagers who stay up late...(as ALL teens do) have to get up at the crack of dawn to make it to school.  I haven't even gotten a chance to get a picture of Emie--I tried the first day as she walked out the door at 6 a.m. for A-hour, but my camera wouldn't work, wouldn't you know it!  The second day, I missed her.  Friday, she had to leave the house at 4:30 a.m. for a 5 a.m. practice for V-ball tryouts--and YAY she made the team!  The bad news is that this 5 a.m. practice will be her reality for the next few months--I guess they think that going on 4 hours of sleep to practice, 7 hours of classes, and then another practice builds character!  It will teach her that she can do HARD things though--which is a good lesson!  Anyway, long story short--I don't even have a picture of Emie starting high school--which I'm sad about--but when she wears the same outfit in a week or two I'm gonna take that picture & we'll pretend it was her first day pic!
Erin is in the 8th grade this year--and I know she'll have a ton of FUN--that's what she's all about!
Abby is in the 5th grade this year--she was a little apprehensive, but after the first day she decided it was going to be a great year!  YAY for great teachers!
Josh is starting 2nd grade this year in a room FULL of girls--I think the ratio of girls to boys in his classroom is like 3 to 1--pretty good if you're a little FLIRT like he is!  He's gonna love it!
Ashlie started KINDERGARTEN!  She was SO excited!  Her teacher is sweet, and so fun, and Ashlie has loved her first couple of days!  She was so cute--too bad it's SO freakin' HOT outside that she was a sweaty mess by the time she actually got into class!  I think she's going to LOVE it!
Jack has been so funny for the last few days, when I take the kids to school he dutifully goes and gets his backpack & puts it on for the ride.  When we drop the kids off--he CRIES and CRIES and CRIES because he "want to go to schoooooool"!  Then, when we come home he walks around and whines because no one is here to entertain him!  I think he'll fall into the routine after a few weeks & hopefully we'll have a LOT of fun together this year--just me and my ONE child left at home!  Hallelujah!!!!
Here's to a GREAT school year!  2010--PLEASE be good to us!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...